Sunday 14 June 2020

My family

By far, the most important thing in my life, is my beautiful family. I am married, and have been for 15 years. (Pretty sure that's a skill in itself) We have 4 children: 2 girls and 2 boys. 

They are my priority in everything. 



Having a family means that there is some juggling going on between home life and work life. This gets to be pretty tough when kids are sick. I know I won't concentrate at work, so I choose to be home with my sick kids unless my husband can be there in my place. There's also a lot of planning going on - making sure lunches are made, everyone is ready for school, supper is planned and that everyone's extra curricular activities are organized. It can get pretty chaotic when you need to go in four different directions on the same day. My ability to schedule comes in handy at home. 

Having a large family also requires patience, time management and conflict resolution. These are things you get better at as your children get older and the juggling and conflicts get more complex. It also takes a lot of love and compassion. 

These people are the people that help keep me at my very best.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

ECE Level II Exemption